Bolts for NAA bearing retainer - where to find?

Hi,

the local CNH dealer doesn't have but 2 of bolt 25 in the picture - a 7/16-20 x 3.25. I found several of mine sheared off.

Also, oddly, bolt 4 (Bolt, Rear Axle Shaft Beraing, Retainer to Shaft Housing) is listed at over $8.00 each - $32 for 4 - and he has none and plans to order none.

The CNH web site book doesn't say what grade they are -I assume grade 8.

Bolt 25 is listed as hex head but on my tractor has a smooth oval head, like a wheel stud.

TSC - no luck grade 8 fine thread, yes, but not 7/16. NAPA - no luck "we don't stock fine threads anymore"

Any suggestions (northeast ohio) for 7/16-20 grade 8 bolts, or just mail-order from mcmaster carr?

thanks in advance.

Sorry. image didn't load right 1st time.
a36978.jpg

(quoted from post at 20:46:04 04/08/11) Hi,

the local CNH dealer doesn't have but 2 of bolt 25 in the picture - a 7/16-20 x 3.25. I found several of mine sheared off.

Also, oddly, bolt 4 (Bolt, Rear Axle Shaft Beraing, Retainer to Shaft Housing) is listed at over $8.00 each - $32 for 4 - and he has none and plans to order none.

The CNH web site book doesn't say what grade they are -I assume grade 8.

Bolt 25 is listed as hex head but on my tractor has a smooth oval head, like a wheel stud.

TSC - no luck grade 8 fine thread, yes, but not 7/16. NAPA - no luck "we don't stock fine threads anymore"

Any suggestions (northeast ohio) for 7/16-20 grade 8 bolts, or just mail-order from mcmaster carr?

thanks in advance.

Fastenal probably carries them but I doubt they stock them in the local store. McMaster will likely be cheaper and faster.

TOH

Try Fastenal or McMasters Carr. My local parts house (mostly HD and marine oriented) can find just about ANYTHING! HTH

I am sure I have those bolts used... email open on modern view...
I am sure If I were in a jam I could grind hex head bolts to work...

CNH no love.

MPT Fastener Corp of Macedonia, OH - open sat am, eight 7/16-20 x 2 grade 8 bolts, with nuts and washers, $5.

compares favorably with the CNH price.

Bill

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back