Bought this yesterday

Ultradog MN

Some of you may remember my post a couple of weeks ago about the business that sold out and the new owners were throwing everything into the dumpster.
This saw was there and I tried real hard to buy it but it had already been sold.
It is a clean low hour machine.
So I was surprised to see it turn up on an auction site I follow.
I paid too much for it.
On the other hand, I mentioned before I had brought half a pickup load of free stuff I got at that building to another auction site - and made a pretty good chunk of change on it.
So to my thinking I was kinda bidding on this saw with mostly free money and went high.
I had run one of these Johnsons at a couple of places I worked at in the past.
Always liked them.
Always wanted one.
Johnson started building these J model saws in the 1950s. Some time later they sold out to Kysor. Kysor sold out to Dake and Dake still builds them - or did untill recently.
Going to be single digit temps here untill Saturday so I will wait and pick it up then.

cvphoto116403.png

Boy, that looks a lot like the one I had. I thought I was gonna do a lot more fabricating that I did when I retired. I used a lot of saws like that when I was working with the tools as a Pipefitter/Pipewelder...

When the company I worked at started their own machine shop the first thing they bought was a brand new Do-ALL bandsaw, 8x16 throat hyd raise & lower. Some of the big shear blades we made we had to make saw cuts to change a rectangle into a trapazoid or something similar, your cutting three inch thick annealed alloy steel by 12 to 16 inches wide. We used STARRETT saw blades, as thick of material we cut we could use really coarse blades.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back