briggs stratton starter #

jm.

O K this is my go to place for something I know nothing about. Picked up a Briggs Stratton engine with missing starter. I need a starter or starter part number.
Engine says Vanguard 18hp v -twin on the cover.
tag says: Family: UBSXS.5702HV 274832
can someone of you air cooled guys tell me what the Briggs part number is?

Cannot tell anything by those numbers.

The model, type, and code number on most vanguard engines is stamped on the valve cover, unless its very old, then it is usually on a separate tag riveted to the blower cover, on the side of the cylinders. On some of the very late ones the stamping is very faint on the valve cover, on the side, not on the top.

The last old one I looked at was an old vertical shaft Vanguard and the tag was on the blower cover, on the outside of the left cylinder when facing the carburetor. It was vertical shaft.

This was a tag what I was looking for / now I know look for something stamped in the valve cover. Maybe that is why I could not find anything . Thanks I will look again.

Don't be surprised if it is on the bottom because some twit put the cover back on upside down. Both of them should read rightside up. Look on the left cover. The one without the little hose for the fuel pump.

Thanks Jeff I need all the help on this I can get. I really looked, took my phone magnifier and then took my wife up there and looked and that tag with those numbers was all we could find but now you guys have me know where I should be looking so will try again in the morning. This looks like an almost new motor but who knows. I need the thing but sure don,t want to be pull starting it.

Once you find the model, type, and code numbers, search "small engine parts".

You'll get several choices, Jacks is a good one, B&S Official Site.

Just follow the instructions for looking up the starter.

Once you get a part number, if you choose to do so, you can go price shopping, Ebay, Amazon, many other sources.

Parts tree.com is also a great place for parts and Illustrated Parts Breakdowns (IPBs) per a specific engine. My newly acquired engine repair manual says that BS builds engines at the rate of 30,000 per day world wide and has 1000 different specs......dahhhhhhhh no wonder one can get confused!!!

Thanks to all the help on here I found it and it was not easy.. MODEL 350447 TYPE 1241-E1
CODE 00080911 thanks again guys

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back