Briggs/Stratton update

Two Dogs

Well-known Member
Yesterday I was whinning about my mower backfiring while cranking. Turns out it was the valves. I set them at .004 intake and .006 exhaust. Some of you were right and some not. However, I appreciate the input from everyone who responded and tried to help. That"s what I like about the good bunch of interesting people who populate this forum. May the Good Lord bless you all. TDF
 
You set them at .004 and .006 but then what were they? Were they tight or loose before you set them?
 
You should have set the valves a little tighter. .003 and .005 as when the valves get loose the decompression release WILL NOT work. I do not remember if B&S use the intake or the exhaust valve as the release point. K-series kohler and Tecumseh use the exhaust valve. I think B&S is the intake valve.

Kent
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top