bushing removal 62 Dexta

jdavidsmi

New User
The brakes cross shaft seals on the old Dexta are leaking, so i got the new seals. when i pulled the shaft out, the woodruff key slot had a sharp edge and cut a groove into the bushing, i now have the new bushings but cannot get the old ones out. so i got myself into a mess. i have tried a slide hammer puller but no joy. any idea how to get the bushings out?
 
I have no knowledge of your machine's configuration or size, but I'll comment that I've used a cape chisel -- sometimes driven with a hand hammer, and other times with an air hammer -- to slit bushing walls for removal many times in the last half dozen decades.

Edited to add that a half-round chisel is arguably even more effective for slitting bushings than is a cape chisel.
 
Last edited:
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top