Case 1175 pto

Jnscott

New User
I have a case 1175 that the pto doesnt shut off unless it has significant drag on it. For example full manure spreader it stays off. Empty manure spreader it stays on. I took the line off the pto valve and when the line is disconnected the pto stays off. Valve opens and lets oil through and seems to shut off fine going by moving it and watching a hose in a bucket. Now when I hook the line back up the pto stays off until I turn it on then it doesnt shut off any help is appreciated thanks

You probably have a warped disc or 2, plus the brake may be wore enough that it won't hold. If you don't have over running clutches on you equipment the brake won't last long as the brake goes on as soon as the pto is turned off.

Thanks thats kind of what I thought. Do you know where to get a new brake shoe I looked it up on Messicks and it says it is discontinued

We stock everything to re-build the PTO unit, including the Brake lining. However, in reading what you have troubleshooted, it sounds like the problem is in the valve, not warped plates. If you replace the brake lining, you will only burn up a new one. There is not much in the valve to replace besides O Rings. It could also be a simple cable adjustment. Start with the valve 1st.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back