Hi everyone my name is adam. I am new to using this forum. Not sure how it works. So here it goes. I picked up a case 446 that wasn't running so I started with the most obvious the carb. Upon disassembling it I noticed one of the ears on the float were broken off. So I further investigated and found out all the fuel has gone into the case. When I pulled the head off I noticed a lot of detonation on the piston. Upon removal of the piston I found a crack in between the 2 compression rings. So all in all this motor has been a nightmare. I have been able to locate all the parts to repair it back to proper working order with the exception of this carb. The carb is a marvel schebler dd13. Not sure if anyone has a carb they are willing to part with or if anyone knows if I can switch to a nikki carb and if that would work. I have all the parts to rebuild the dd13 just need a bowl. I believe this carb was used on multiple machines IE JD 318, CASE 446, SEARS SS16. If anyone has any suggestions or a float bowl or know if I can retrofit a nikki carb to the motor please let me know. Thanks everyone.

Adam, welcome to YT. Scroll down to Garden tractor forum and inquire there. Very knowledgeable people there who will answer your questions and connect you with the parts suppliers.
Loren

Sounds like mine when I bought it. The right piston and rod were in quarter size pieces. It let go and the crank beat it into a cup full of
aluminum and cast iron chunks...plus a quarter size hole in the block. J-B welded the piece back in the block and bought new parts. Still
running.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back