Case 500 power steering, need a part

ptosean

Ok so I got the control valve apart. I'm changing the o rings but I noticed in the service manual that there should be two springs, one on each side of the spool to keep it centered, I only have one. Is there anybody with a valve for an early power steering case that they would be willing to part with? I can buy a valve new but it's a bit pricey considering I just need the spring. Thanks!
cvphoto8243.jpg

O3223CK does not sub to a later p/n. You will need 2 springs with equal tension to center the spool. If someone cannot come up with them I would try to find near equivalent shape and somewhat near tension at a hardware (a real hardware, not a blister pack box store) buy two and try that in the control valve.

The point is the new springs don't have to be identical to original but just fit and have equal push in both directions.

Joe

I have springs for the bendix spool valve from 300, 400 series.If you will send picture along with the length, width and wire size of the coil I can check it against mine.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back