Case 601 cutter

kenbob

Getting ready for the Platte Co Steam and Tractor show, where Case is the featured brand this year. I am going to bring my VAC and 601? cutter(no wheels). I was going to do an info card. I know all about the tractor and it being a popular machine, but I was wondering if anybody knew how common those cutters were? I have never seen another. If anybody else has a working one, I would like to know.
Thanks.

cvphoto160449.png

cvphoto160450.png

cvphoto160451.png

That first one is mine alright. Mine is open in the back. I am surprised to see one with a spout. I didn't think blade speed was enough to blow that high.

You are WRONG about the tractor being a POPULAR machine, some areas possibly but not in my area as Mention Case and get a look at you as for why a BASKET CASE as those 2 words were always used together. Most of what I know about that tractor I learned on this site. When Case was in business before they went with IHC I had never even heard of any Case dealers either. 10 years after the Case name was gone did I find out there was a Case dealer in the area. So what I am saying DONT assume people will know anything more about the tractor than they would about the cutter and put out cutter info and forget about the tractor. Make your sign for tractor as well as the cutter. And I am 79 years old and farmer all my working life.

I have no idea how many of those cutters were made but here is a picture of mine. You can tell by the picture of the gear box that it had a hard life before I got it. I believe that the cutter with the blower on it has four blades on it to help throw the material up and out as the regulator mowers only had two.
cvphoto160469.jpg

cvphoto160470.jpg

Wow! Looks like mine except for the welded up gearbox! Mine runs super quiet and must have been well cared fore.

I own a chopper like the bottom picture. My dad used it behind a cc case with a wide front end to green chop hay for his milk cattle. It has four knifes with paddles. I think the model is 602? Not sure. I used it to chop corn stalks

Yes I think the wheeled models were 602. Don't know if there was special designation for the 4 blade. I have an owners manual and it doesn't even mention that one.

I am about 50 miles north of St Joe so right on the border. I would guess that someone used a grade 8 bolt for the shear bolt and thats why my gear box looks like it does. I just looked at my manual and it says that regular mowers could have four blades. I should have figured that out by looking at the cover but just never thought about it.
cvphoto160492.jpg

cvphoto160493.jpg

I like to learn. That is why I asked him to do same for tractor as for mower with a sign. Nothing against Case for me but just were not very popular around me. So don't know much about them.

Well I love my Case 830. They are very popular here in Oregon, I see lots of farms in eastern Oregon with case tractors and equipment. It was much more reliable then the old Deere we had and the Ford.

Wanting to learn?? I don't see how you can learn anything by making statements such as you did. You never asked 1 question, only made statements and commands.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back