Case 970 Powershift after being parked for a long time

Good day - got my 970 home and found out that it hasn't been run in quite some time... engine runs excellently but the last transmission oil change excluded the oil bypass valves from the filters... changed the pump and put in fresh oil but still some sticking in the valve body (binding in fist powershift and no reverse - tractor stalls in put into reverse) - I'd like to warm it up really good and work the powershift.
Will this eventually loosen up any stuck powershift valvles? Or is removal the only option?...
Only have one oil bypass valve for the filters (need two for the 25 micron and 10 micron filters...) - currently installed in the 10 micron filter - any comments on having the single oil filter bypass valve (I know the oil isn't being filtered on that system as a result...)?
Am in Winnipeg and cold weather is moving in... looking for the opinion mostly on a good warmup of the transmission to see if that will get stuck powershift valves moving... thank you for any advice. Brian Case farm kid

NO running it with stuck pilot valves will only take out the powershift! replace the missing check valves ASAP and clean out the pilot vales well,, then put her to work
cnt

Here she is coming home... didn't know when bought that the farmer bought the farm with this sitting in the fence line... so he had no idea on its history. I know the front end took a load of punishment without being greased - tie rod ends without rubbers and sloppy! Nice paint and runs superb. Looking forward to unlocking the powershift and getting a snow bucket on! Brian Case farm kid
a241530.jpg

Looks pretty sharp to be a fence row tractor......but then I get the uneasy feeling of why was it there? Powershift issues? Good luck with it, those are good engines. Ben

No , the steering return will be unfiltered and returns to the Power Shift valve via the reverse lockout, ABSOLUTELY don't run till the transmission is straightened out or you will be doing a rebuild if damage has already not been done.

Thank you for all of the advice... was looking in the Service Manual last night and only saw the 10 micron filtered powershift oil going to the powershift control valve - I'll check for the feed from the powersteering system. I have another bypass valve coming (not from Case at $550 cdn - OWWW) eventually. Probably will do the powershift valve and correct some other issues but won't run till that is in and filtering the 25 micron power steering oil.

Great advice and info gents! Brian Case farm kid

I bought his 870 as well... a bush tractor that has really been abused!... this is nice compared to that one. This tractor ran but never shifted properly so the farmer parked it and bought something else. My gain!... Hopefully... Brian Case farm kid

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back