Case dc questions 3 point and lights

JOCCO

Can any of you give some details on how the top link hooks up on a late dc case? I have the eagle hitch minus the top link and possibly its attachment point to the tractor. #2 Where does the rear light mount to? thanks

Rear light mounts to the rear of the left fender. The third arm has a casting that bolts over the PTO shaft on the 4 bolts. I can get you a pic of that tonight.

The top link pins to a bracket that bolts over the pto shaft. The tail light was fastened to the bottom side of the seat suspension channel.-----------Loren

Here is a pic., however the light in the pic is not correct and has the mounting stud horizontal rather than vertical. The PO borrow a mtg. plate and light from a Red tractor and fastened it to the mtg, plate where the original light would have fastened.. The proper light would have a 2 position switch knob with flood and red light positions.------------Loren
cvphoto41991.jpg

That would be helpful but how do you use the pto on say a 3pth implement? I know some Massey Harris the pto went through a yoke or bale in the top link. Not a very good set up.

If you want to run something PTO you will have to either Fab a bracket or modify the impliment. Lots Fab a bracket, but I usually just raise the tip link on the impliment and use the upper hook for the third link above the PTO housing. You just need to extend the third link pivot up the same distance as the upper mount is above the PTO.

My DC has always had the light on the fender, I busted the light this summer. Here is a pic of the third arm too.

cvphoto42048.jpg

cvphoto42049.jpg

Just as well make a HEAVY top link bracket above the pto . Go not use just the 4 bolts holding top on pto cover One of the poorest designs of case is the top link bracket. the top cover of pto clutch. Go further forward and gain real strength . Will try to post picture of one of mine later today.

This is what my dad fab ed up years ago on all or DC s. Not the prettiest of fixes but it is functional. Perfect for mowers, spin spreaders, etc. If I were to plow, I Would put on the mount that goes over the PTO.
mvphoto45520.jpg

mvphoto45521.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back