Case dealer in Vermont

Don Rudolph

May 1950 ad featuring the new hydraulic option.

Attachments

• May_1950_Vermont_dealer_ad.jpg
    May_1950_Vermont_dealer_ad.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 51
Am I correct in thinking the pump and control valve was a whole new body that included the pto and that was what drove the pump? So one would have to engage the pto for the hydraulic to work.

That is correct for non--live power models. Live power equipped tractors do not require the PTO to be engaged for the hydraulics to work. Apparently you could order a late model D series with no PTO stub shaft (just a plate) and still have live hydraulics. I have a DCS set up that way.

I think we were far better off back then, yes, no cab,air heat, but hometown ma&pa Case garages. Maybe a car garage too! Don, I like your posts.

I think we were far better off back then, yes, no cab,air heat, but hometown ma&pa Case garages. Maybe a car garage too! Don, I like your posts.
Thanks Dan! Our last remaining implement dealer, formerly AC, NH, NI, is slowly getting ready to close down. I remember them having 2 partsmen, running their tails off during haying season and customers 5 deep waiting for parts. Their shop had 3 mechanics and was full of repair projects ( it was an AC dealer after all). Now, it's like a ghost town, with hardly a customer. Somehow, they keep the doors open, but it is only a matter of time.

We have replaced individual family businesses with mega farms and multi-store corporate dealerships that look like Cadillac stores, selling machines that can never pay for themselves, with 3 dollar corn.

Thanks Dan! Our last remaining implement dealer, formerly AC, NH, NI, is slowly getting ready to close down. I remember them having 2 partsmen, running their tails off during haying season and customers 5 deep waiting for parts. Their shop had 3 mechanics and was full of repair projects ( it was an AC dealer after all). Now, it's like a ghost town, with hardly a customer. Somehow, they keep the doors open, but it is only a matter of time.

We have replaced individual family businesses with mega farms and multi-store corporate dealerships that look like Cadillac stores, selling machines that can never pay for themselves, with 3 dollar corn.
Yes Don I think it would be good to go back. You forgot to mention the dealers selling atv's and small tractors to the "city farmers" and not knowing or caring about any ag equipment.

Couldn't agree more Don, yes these dealerships have gotten to be showboats, (good comparison Cadillac stores) My Dad worried about service and taking care of the customers, and so did I. Guess what is most important now is these superstores

Attachments

• 20190124_163911_002_resized.jpg
    20190124_163911_002_resized.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 18

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back