Case La with Detroit Diesel

Bubba1991

New User
Good morning all. I have a 1945 case LA and the motor is shot, I ended picking up Detroit 4-53 for it to build a pulling tractor. I have searched this forum and
found related links to my subject as well as an email to a man that was supposed to be the guy to email for the original plans for the adapter kits for this kind
of thing. I have emailed him with no such luck, does anyone have these plans for putting a Detroit in a LA? if so could you get in touch with me or try point me
in the right direction for this swap.

This is probably an old story to Case vets, but I read somewhere when Oliver was considering using the GM engines they put one in an L or La Case to try it out. I would like to hear that whole story if anybody knows it. Is it because the Case was the only thing they could find that had a sturdy enough tranny and rear end for the power of the GM motor?

There is a story that the green paint company tested an LA Case and a GM to see how much power a 2 wheel drive tractor could have still be useful. The LA Case used in the test is displayed at some shows and still exists so I have heard.

Last contact I had with Don, been a few years.

Don
18024 - 540 AVE
AUSTIN MN 55912
(507) 4 double3-double0 73

Joe

Years ago there was a company in Denver Co doing those conversions. There is probably not a ghost of a chance of getting any help from that area today.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back