Club cadet 3x snowblower

Recently purchased a Club Cadet snowblower that replaced an older Dynamark snowblower. That being said the new blower has no fuel filter or no fuel shut off. Just wish that I had done more research before this purchase. One of the reasons for the purchase was to have a local dealer for parts support and repairs that I could not do. These newer units are all enclosed with sheet metal for whatever reason. After looking over this unit I can come up with any ideas on how to bypass this engineering. So, what I’m asking if any of the members have been able to circumvent this problem, by installing an aftermarket shutoff and filter. The dealer reply was to keep the fuel tank full with a fuel conditioner added. That maybe fine, however I’m still from the old school where we would use a fuel shutoff and run the unit to empty the carburetor of fuel.

Recently purchased a Club Cadet snowblower that replaced an older Dynamark snowblower. That being said the new blower has no fuel filter or no fuel shut off. Just wish that I had done more research before this purchase. One of the reasons for the purchase was to have a local dealer for parts support and repairs that I could not do. These newer units are all enclosed with sheet metal for whatever reason. After looking over this unit I can come up with any ideas on how to bypass this engineering. So, what I’m asking if any of the members have been able to circumvent this problem, by installing an aftermarket shutoff and filter. The dealer reply was to keep the fuel tank full with a fuel conditioner added. That maybe fine, however I’m still from the old school where we would use a fuel shutoff and run the unit to empty the carburetor of fuel.
Good shutoff valves are not expensive, see link. or if you need it to be mounted on the sheet metal, Fuel filters are easily found for gravity fed systems, not with fuel pump. Jim

through tin

valve

in the spring time I just empty the tank on mine with a siphon pump, put the gas in the lawn mower & run the snow blower until it dies
bob

You'll probably be shocked to find that your snow blower engine does not have an air filter either. They don't come with air filters because there is no dust in the air in the winter, and an air filter would just suck full of snow and ice over.

I buy these by the handful at swap meets and flea markets through the summer. They are available in quantities of 1 to 1000 online:
1708092316284.png

You'll need one of these, a fuel filter, and some 1/4" fuel line. Take the tin off (couple of screws), find the fuel line, add in what you feel you need, put the tin back on. It's not rocket surgery.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back