connecting governor tube to carb on a 1951 farmall h

Thanks for the encouragement ! I guess I'll mount the carb to the manifold first and then loosen part 19.......then connect governor tube to carb, and finally tighten part 19 back to the governor housing. Sound about right ?

thanks again !

Thanks for the encouragement ! I guess I'll mount the carb to the manifold first and then loosen part 19.......then connect governor tube to carb, and finally tighten part 19 back to the governor housing. Sound about right ?

thanks again !
That should help. The use of a good LED light and a clamp on magnifier or 2.5 diopter glasses helps. the tang and slotted lever idea s not proved easy (Engineers should be required to R&R every thing they Design. Jim

Thanks Jim. I think I have the Governor connected to the carb. When and if I get it started, how can I tell if it’s connected properly and running the way it should ? Thanks !

Thanks Jim. I think I have the Governor connected to the carb. When and if I get it started, how can I tell if it’s connected properly and running the way it should ? Thanks !
If it is out of the slot on the idle side, the engine can race without control over speeding to destruction. If out on the other side it can (possible) not get above idle. Start it with the throttle at idle. if it begins to race, shut it off. In all cases if it does not respond to the hand lever position, it is misplaced. Jim

If it is out of the slot on the idle side, the engine can race without control over speeding to destruction. If out on the other side it can (possible) not get above idle. Start it with the throttle at idle. if it begins to race, shut it off. In all cases if it does not respond to the hand lever position, it is misplaced. Jim
Thank Jim ! I will give it a try this week and let you know how it goes.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back