CPAP recall

The DOT compliance monitoring service our company uses has been contacting all the workers telling them to stop using the cpap machine and to contact their doctor.

Supposedly foam in the machine is breaking off and or gassing getting into your lungs and could cause cancer.

Here the DOT forced drivers to be tested and monitors to make sure you are using the machine and come to find out its killing you faster then the sleep apnea would have.

Have any of you guys been contacted about your cpap machine ??????

Pour all the salt you want on it.
The story is still the same.

cvphoto93589.png

Haven't heard anything, but my machine is 20+ years old!

No telling what's inside that nasty thing. Has to be a major dust bunny farm!

Thought about opening it up to clean it but that's as far as it went, just a thought.

Mine is a ResMed and my Dr. said it is not involved. Apparently the ones recalled are older.

I wonder what the manufacturers time frame is? Does Phillips make machines under another brand name too? Marilyn's is a Phillips but she has not heard anything about this from the supplier or from Phillips. The one I use is a Res/Med.

This whole thing is very peculiar: Phillips has issued a recall on nearly every one of their recently produced machines. If you are using a CPAP (not a ventilator) you are advised to stop using it and consult with your doctor, but it turns out that their advisory is missing important information: there have been complaints about the foam (which is in all of the machines) breaking down and releasing black particles and (here's the confusion) there *may* be some toxic gases released--no data provided and a) no way to tell if your machine is actually affected b)no info as to what remedy they suggest other than stopping which has significant health and work consequences c)no idea of how much actual risk is involved either from the particles or the gases d) no date as to when they will try to fix this and e) no idea of what the fix would be other than junking your machine and buying the only Phillips product not affected the Dream station II or one of the competitors. Of course, they have not given the physicians any guidance beyond using their own judgement. For another little twist, Medicare won't pay for a new machine unless yours is over 5 years old. Options: buy one yourself on the internet at $700 or more (with a prescription), shrug and keep on using the one you have unless you know you used ozone cleaning methods which seem to make the problem worse, or something else. For myself, after talking with my doctor, I am continuing to use it since if I don't, I stand a good chance of falling asleep driving a car or tractor and killing myself and who knows who else. Meanwhile, we wait for Phillips to do something more. At present, their posture looks like a particularly ham handed way of trying to deflect blame without actually providing their customers any help. I see a lot of lawsuits in the future. If you need CPAP, watch like a hawk for developments.

Mine is ResMed. There's really no way to service it. As for dust inside? Has a HEPA filter on the intake. It's also obsolete so I'll be getting a new one soon. Needed a new check valve on the water reservoir. They don't have any, can't get them and the young lady had never even seen one like mine.

recall is for ALL Phillips CPAP and BiPAPS manufactured before mid march 2021. My Dr. told me to NOT stop using it as I have worst sleep apnea he has seen. He applied for new machine through hospital supply service. They called and said contact Phillips they were not replacing the machine. I assume most of you know newer machines like mine (5 yrs old) broadcasts to big brother that you are or are not using it . My Dr always checks during my checkups and says I see your using it every night.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back