crawler I.D.

Dumschittz

New User
Hello all,
I have held out as long as possible but I need help in regards to my latest toy. As far as I can see by
online data, I have a International Harvester T-340 crawler. I need as much info as possible if anyone can
help out. I can't find any identification on my machine or engine. I need all electrical done but more
importly what do I get for tune-up parts? Is this machine a 12 volt system?
It is yellow from its last paint job but looks like Case flambeau red.
If anybody can guide me through what this machine is i would appreciate it.
Thank you,
Chris
cvphoto10648.jpg

cvphoto10649.jpg

cvphoto10650.jpg

cvphoto10651.jpg

cvphoto10652.jpg

cvphoto10653.jpg

Not that much to figure out to rewire it. The temperature gage looks like it has a live gage instead of an electric one. The wire for the ignition is already there just copy with some wire. For the charging if it has an alternator and the wire is there and works just follow the wires with new wire. The lights just put a wire to the light then a ground from the light to the ground cable connection for the starter and done. Switches can be whatever you choose.
Looks like it might be either a 40or 60 series machine. Going by the rippled piece along the side

I have a later diesel version, the TD340A, but your machine looks very similar. I do have all the manuals for these machines, but they're at my summer camp up in NH. Beginnning in May, I could look up any info you wanted, but you'll probably get more help here sooner. There's also an old T340 discussion group that isn't very active these days, but the archives have tons of information, pictures, and ideas. I'll include my email here.

You have likely been all over the machine but the attached photo from the TractorData site shows where they say the serial tag should be on a T340. HTH

mvphoto30376.jpg

Everyone, Thank you for the reply. After the purchase of a new tablet and updated software I went right to
Tractor Data .com and saw it right in front of me. Wiring is easy, now knowing is a 6 volt system wiring is
easy. FYI - on a 6 volt system conversion, the key part is the ballast resistor. Purchase a NAPA # ICR23,
I17018. it is a 9 volt resistor. Slightly stronger spark than the 6 volt, yet not strong enough like 12
volts to constantly burn up your points.
After becoming clear minded and calm i noticed what I bought was an easy fix. My wife still does not like
it.

They are on correctly. Going forward the grouser should be the first thing to touch the ground. With the tracks reversed, you run more of a risk of getting something in between the pads.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back