Current Value JD 4010g Tractor w/ Loader 4000 hrs?

Does anyone know the approximate value of a 4010 gas John Deere tractor?

It has approx. 4000 hrs.?
Synchro Range Transmission
John Deere Loader
After Market Cab
Tires are in excellent condition

Thanks!!

There's not enough information to get a
very good answer. Condition of tractor,
what model loader, running or not. Pictures
really help. A gas engine is pretty
undesirable. Aftermarket cab doesn't add
to value and might even hurt the price.
Assuming everything looks good and runs
good with a better loader my guess would be
around 7 to 8 thousand. If it was a diesel
or especially a 4020 it'd be worth more.

I also would say that more information is needed plus pictures always are helpful. Assuming a good older loader such as JD 48, one remote, 15.5 X 38 tires with some
wear on them, and running with no obvious issues maybe 5-6 thousand dollars. Appearance fair with square sheet metal and paint evident but worn. WFE will help on
the price but some collectors may want NFE. Diesel is a definite advantage. Deduct 1,200-1,500 dollars w/o older JD loader.

I've seen a couple late 4010 diesels with
WFE, 2 remotes, 18.4 X 34 quality tires sell in the 7,000 dollar range at auction that did not need anything and appearance was good to very good overall. That would be
the high water mark so to speak if not restored for a 4010. Deduct from that for smaller rear tires, gas, 1 remote, poor sheet metal, etc..

I bought a 67 model 4020 with a 158 loader last spring. Propane, great tires, great loader (with bucket
and bale spike, and a 3pt. bale mover), good tin, paint faded. I had to fix a wiring issue that local dealer
had tried to fix (it was hotwired around the safety in-gear feature) and plumbed the loader into the
hydraulic system.
I gave $6700 for it and have driven it around and used the loader.....so far, so good! Personally, I like
the lp tractors better than gas.

4000 hours would be hard to duplicate.Need a picture to help give you a better idea.Loader alone can make $2K difference.The gas tractors dont sell very well.

I will make some assumptions to fill in the blanks, and if im off you can pencil in some adjustments- loader is a good JD148 or
JD48, its a wide front and not beat up from being abused on a tractor with a loader on it, all parts and sheetmetal are there.
Sheetmetal is worn as one would expect on a 60 year old tractor, but not torn up. Tractor has no significiant fluid leaks and runs
as expected. Cab is not all rusted out. That would top out at 7,000 round here, maybe a little more if hours make sense.
Footnote- as Larryanderson said, 4,000 genuine hours could be hard to beat. do your math- thats 67 hours per year. Its certainly
possible - Did an older fellow use it on his acreage the past 25 years just to push some snow in the lane? Could make sense. Is
it on a consignment lot or being sold by a tractor jockey? Then easily the hours could be waaaaayyy off. Do your homework.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back