David Bradly Hay Rake

Legamin

Just bought an old David Bradly Hay Rake. It works but needs TLC. It came with mismatched wheels with wrong sized tires on itnot that unusual. I need a rim if anyone know where I can find one.
5x5.5 bolt pattern in a 6x16 rim. This is a really hard combo to find and I think I need to find someone parting out a David Bradley Hay Rake!
If anyone has an idea (other than buying the new John Deere wheel for $400) please let me know.
For the moment, to rake hay Ive slapped a 15 tire off my 1983 F-150 on it and it works but I really need that tire for my pickup.so ANY ideas for a matching rim would be GREAT!

Cut the center out of your old wheel and weld it in a different 16 inch wheel and go to work. I do that all the time for wheels if a wheel gets ruined and I need a certain bolt pattern I just swap out the centers. I usually cut the rim from the center if the rim is no good and that saves the center to fit the other wheel. I have also used those reinforcing rings that way for new bolt holes that were to bad to keep. Just center it on the wheel center, mark, cut, and grind to finish fit then weld.

I have just drilled out the rivets that hold the outer rim to the center. Then put that center in a good rim. Just used my press to place the center in new rim and weld it. Did that on a DB manure spreader this spring.

https://www.roadkillcustoms.com/wheel-bolt-pattern-cross-reference/5x5.5-wheel-bolt-pattern-5x139.7mm-5x5.50-inches/

any 5 hole implement wheel should work. 5 hole was a very common size for lighter duty running gears years ago. Find an older parts yard.

Any 5 hole implement wheel will work. The earlier rakes had a 16 wheel for a 6:00x16 tire, later rakes had a 15 wheel for a 6:70x15 tire. So just look for rims that you have or can get matching tires to fit and make sure they are same matching tread and diameter as mishmatched tires will make the dogs (pauls) in drive wheels keep jumping and destrow those dogs and they have not been avaible for 45 years, at that time we found some from an Oliver horse drawn mower that fit. Just make sure you do not dammage any parts as they are none avaible now. At that time there was 2 models made a offset wheel, most popular and a wheel in line model. Ours was the offset wheel model and it left in 1981 after cows lift in 1980. Keep speed to not over 3 MPH as they were made for horse walking speeds. Trying to run too fast will just destroy the rake.

Early Willys/Jeep rims were 16x4.5 inside bead with 4.25 center hole. Up to 1964

Be sure your measuring the rim width inside the bead seats.

This post was edited by DoubleO7 on 07/08/2022 at 06:39 am.

If the Ford rim you slapped on fits the hub I would get TWO more from a junkyard with matching tires and be done.

Jeep rims and aftermarket rims have a larger center hole than ford rims.
So the ford rims can not be used on some hubs. i.e. Jeep rims will fit on a ford but fords will not fit on a jeep.

Where are you at? There is one going to scrap if not sold today at an estate sale by the Kansas City airport. I know it has a non-stock chrome wheel on one side. Don't remember the other. THis is a rake with 2 big wheels in front and 2 small tail wheels in back. I had thought about dragging it home and taking the teeth off it and selling them as it seems the 2 prong teeth are hard to come by.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back