Dearborn 19-61 loader hydraulic pump

FTRanch

New User
Hey guys I am new here and I have a question Im hoping someone can help me with. Im working on the Dearborn loader Ive got mounted to my 8n trying to get it spruced up and back to work. So far Ive rebuilt the lift cylinders, fixed all leaks, changed the oil (old oil looked to be contaminated by water), replaced many hoses, and replaced the supply line into the pump (the old one had collapsed on itself). I am pretty sure Ive got all the air bled out of the system and all functions are working BUT the hydraulic pump is making one heck of a squeal every time I pull a lever. It made this sound prior to all the work I mentioned above too, I figured I would have it fixed after all that but no luck. Am I looking at a pump rebuild? Should I flush the oil again? Do you think its sucking air somewhere? Any help is appreciated!!!!

(quoted from post at 14:39:44 03/11/21) I'd check to make sure the suction side of the pump isn't clogged with bits and pieces of the old hose.
Thank you for the reply! When I replaced the supply hose I didnt see anything blocking the inlet on the pump. I was thinking of flushing the fluid again because it still looks a bit milky. Maybe I should drain from the supply hose and see if it flows good from there. Could be an obstruction further up perhaps? Or could this be as simple as bad/the wrong oil? Wouldnt that be nice

Oil fora loader should be either UTF or plain hyd oil. Yes maybe a good idea to make sure you have a good flow at the supply line. It could also be the safety relief valve making the noise or if the relief valve is stuck that can cause that and even blow a pump.

(quoted from post at 17:34:57 03/11/21) Oil fora loader should be either UTF or plain hyd oil. Yes maybe a good idea to make sure you have a good flow at the supply line. It could also be the safety relief valve making the noise or if the relief valve is stuck that can cause that and even blow a pump.
Ok little update. I used the tractor a bit today and I noticed that the pump got quieter as I used it more until it finally made no noise at all! I can only assume that the oil I used was too heavy and once it warmed up and thinned out things started to work as they should? Anyway I figured I should flush the system again anyway so now I know (at least I think I know) I need thinner oil.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back