disk roller

Firedog911

New User
This message is a reply to an archived post by Ralph Bauer on July 12, 2012 at 20:50:06.
The original subject was "Re: disk roller".

I have a Amy gasoline disc roller I've used for years. As stated before it doesnt grind away the metal. You go in about 3/4 of an inch and begin pulling or stretching the metal each round or two until it brings them to a thinner edge. You can adjust the pressure between the rollers to make them thinner. I never done that because it would cause breaking in rocky soil. I've sharpened our 20ft sunflower and 16ft for several years. Done a few for neighbors we needed. It's hard work definitely for a younger man than me. I'm 65 years old and in pretty good shape but still sharpen our own. Thinking about selling my roller but not sure what the value is. Anyone have any idea what a good working Amy roller would be worth?

I saw them in farm catalogs of the 1950's area but never saw or even heard of one being around as it just was not done.

I seen an article in farm show about a guy that went around the country sharpening disk blades never seen one or heard of it here

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back