Dresser 125G track tensioner

Doug Wi

Loading some sand and suddenly the left track went sloppily loose. Its a grease activated system. Pumped grease into it today and as the track tightened
grease was coming out between the fixed and movable sections. Probably a blown seal or o-ring. Can't see any easy way to disassemble for repair other than take
the track apart and slide the front wheel assembly ahead. Has anyone worked on one of these? If thats the only way to fix it is there a chance to jury rig
something to take the place of the tensioning system. Think I'm going to try to fasten a couple of short oak 2x6 in place to hold enough so I can drive it home.
about a mile across fields. is there a super lot of pressure on this area? , do you think I could make a cobbled together system work. Doesn't get used a lot.
Just occasional jobs on the farm. Thanks

Most likely a blown seal. If you don't have a service manual for it, I can probably get some info on it for you since there is a Dresser dealer not far from me.

Yes. there is a lot of pressure there when the idler comes against something, especially if the object is too big for the idler to roll over. The adjuster is mated to a heavy spring at the rear of it. The spring is there to absorb shock loads when the idler hits something. Bite the bullet and reseal the adjuster and avoid doing other damage that could be caused by making something to solidly hold the idler extended. Others have done such, your machine, your choice, on blocking the idler out (Blocking it out to get it home, not working should be fine).

not a good idea to jury rig [except] to get it home' not familiar with your machine ,,but on some you can remove tensioner without splitting track; depending also how worn track is .

Thanks for the info. Just because i own a dozer doesn't mean I understand it. Your explaination makes sense. Looking on Ebay to find a service manual for it.
Thanks again for the replies.

There is no easy way around any jobs like that on heavy equipment, check and see what type track its got as it may have the alligator link to split it, if not you will have to knock out the master pin, then pull out the idler and reseal the adjuster, heavy hard work but it can be done.
AJ

Years and years dresser/ih experience can save you hours and dollars. I can tell you ever er shorcut. Send me a phone number and I will give you a call . e-mail open

(quoted from post at 17:20:35 11/18/21) Years and years dresser/ih experience can save you hours and dollars. I can tell you ever er shorcut. Send me a phone number and I will give you a call . e-mail open

I have a Dresser 125g Track Loader and have called around for parts and having no luck finding someone who can help any suggestions?

(quoted from post at 11:09:05 08/30/22)
(quoted from post at 17:20:35 11/18/21) Years and years dresser/ih experience can save you hours and dollars. I can tell you ever er shorcut. Send me a phone number and I will give you a call . e-mail open

I have a Dresser 125g Track Loader and have called around for parts and having no luck finding someone who can help any suggestions?

You may do better if you start a new post of your own. The post you tagged onto is old enough that people, who use Classic view, are only going to see your post, none of the original post. Tell what your machine is and what parts you are looking for. Giving an idea of your general area might get you some leads near you.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back