engine stand for 656

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get an engine repair stand for a Farmall 656 engine? I am going to be working on it
for an overhaul.

The standard engine stands that work for car engines (where it bolts to the bellhousing holes on the rear) don't seem to work for tractor engines.

These types don't work:

cvphoto156842.jpg

there is no way i would be using them light stands on any heavy diesel engine. need something skookum as they say. build one. or just use a steel work bench and hoist.

Your stand there says 1250lbs. At 900 for a 282 is well within the claimed capacity. Or, you can get a worm drive chain sling for rolling the motor over and do it on a bench or a couple blocks on the floor.

Depending on price buy 2 of them and cut off the excess then weld together so you can hold it from both ends now it is stable and solid. Otherwise you will need to make your own probably out of much heavier material. I would rather have a way to hold it from both ends just to reduce the strain on the one end. After all they didn't hange it out there without support on the front end in the frame.

One of my stands is rated at 1250 lbs, its had a 236 on it and a 5.9 and both I made plates so I could use the holes on the side of the block. I used 5/8 plate for both. Unless you have a place you can get steel it mostly likely cheaper to buy. Good luck.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back