Farmall 450 Hydraulic Pump Removal?

Hello-

Have a Farmall 450 gas tractor. I want to remove the cover on the side of the engine behind the distributor and hyd. pump to replace the
leaking gasket. My question would be, how do I remove the distributor and hydraulic pump to get at the cover and then reinstall them without
messing up the ignition timing? Is there a trick to this or is this pretty straight forward? Any help would be great, thanks!

-Jesse

Here's how I did it on my Super M:

1 - Turn the crankshaft until the timing mark on the pulley aligns with the pointer on the front cover.
2 - Remover the distributor cap and note whether the rotor button is under the #1 or #4 plug nipple (doesn't matter which one - just remember, write down which one or make a mark on the dist housing)
3 - Disconnect/remove the pump and do your gasket replacement.
4 - When reinstalling the pump, after the pump is fully seated make sure the rotor button is pointing to the same location where it was before you removed it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back