Farmall c connecting rod

Hello all, I just put new rod bearings in my farmall c and had a question. Before I pulled the pistons I marked all the connecting rod caps to make sure I put them in the same way they came out. I put each cap back on the connecting rod it was on as soon as I pulled the pistons out so I know I didnt make any mistakes. My question is, I know farmall says match number to number on the rods and on the caps. All of my caps line up number to number except the 3rd cylinder. I know someone has been in here before because it has 3 1/8 oversized bore. Should I put the cap back on the same way I took it off? Or I should I flip it around so it matches number to number?.. also I cant find my manual for the c but read on a forum here connecting rod bolt torque on lock nuts with cotter pins are 40-45 ft pounds. Im torquing mine to about 40.

Reversing a rod cap is asking for trouble! Once it was tightened down wrong, the rod was compromised.

The only safe fix is to have the rod reconditioned.

A cheap fix for a good night's sleep!

As Gary said the lock grooves should be together. The cap lock should be by the same bolt as the rod lock.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back