Farming in 2050 ?

farming will be done with horses. HaHa!
Wait, the greenies will sooner or later figure out horses exhaust CO2 at the North end and methane gas at the South end of the horse.
 
People will take a few pills a day,

How do you think I know what day it is? My bill organizer has the date on the lid.

Better living through Chemistry.
 
My prediction:

Farming will shift away from "fertile" land and move to largely hydroponic / aquaponic farming in huge mostly automated operations on otherwise non-productive land. We already see things getting close to this up in Canuckistan with massive greenhouse operations. Integration, automation and efficiency in both water and fertilizer use will be the driver.

Conventional "dirt" farming will slowly fade away in the commercial space with only the homesteaders continuing and even there they will be adopting the same greenhouse/hydroponic/automation techniques as that technology trickles down to smaller scale affordability.
 
In just 26 years? Time always looks longer when looking forward than looking back. Unless you look
back to before you were around. Think back to a tractor being built for what they called ''a long
time''. Say 1946 to 1956. Seems like a long run. Now think they built one from 2010 to 2020. Chances
are, unless you follow the brand, you might not even know it was made at all. If you are familiar
with the brand and model, you'll probably say ''they quit making it already!? I bought these
underwear before those tractors came out!''.
 
In that length of time the greenies will have the farmers here.
cvphoto168921.jpg
 
By 2050 I won't be around to even care. I don't look at modern farming publications. I find vintage farming much more appealing. In just a few years we won't be able to buy or afford fossil fuels for the machinery and it will be all electric powered. No drivers needed as it is "autonomous". Thats not the future I want to see but some do.
 
Not a farmer and never was. I to won't be around to see, but I bet my tractors will. I was hoping to see travel outside the solar system in my lifetime. Now I don't think I will see travel to Mars. 26 years might not be that long to some, while for others like me, it is a bridge too far.
 
Things go in bursts followed by lulls. Technology never rests but society does from time to time. I can see it with my nieces and nephews that we are heading into a burst socially at present. Guys like my self who are late middle age more or less followed the trends that were laid down by the generation before me. So did the kids who came of age around the beginning of the 21st Century. I'm not seeing that anymore. I see it with clothes, entertainment, and most importantly food. Our type of food production depended on people sitting down at the table to eat. People are less and less likely to prepare a meal, wait for it to cook, and sit down to eat it. Then there is the increasing social stigma of meat consumption. Land based food production will be minimally important by the time another generation ascends into adulthood which would be 2050.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top