First time Fergie owner

Hello everyone. 65 years old. North Texas. I grew up tending a garden on my father's 8N. I have my own garden now. I'm proud of my roto-tiller and I'm grateful to have it, but to be honest I was tired of walking around behind it wrestling it around. I need to spread a truckload of manure and wasn't looking forward to doing it by hand.
Bought a TO20 a couple weeks ago. 1950 model. Came with a grader. Gonna need some tilling implements. Two-Row bottom plow with a set of disks, or possibly an earth ripper, whatever I can find, a small shredder... Gonna have some rookie questions. I do appreciate any help I can get. So far, the little tractor looks and sounds sound. I feel like it was a good buy, but of course time will tell..[/img:25832419f7]

mvphoto109202.jpg

Good for you- you would like a Sherwin type over-under drive for slow work , like tilling. You may have one- I chose not to squint at your photo. Good
up to and thru a 4 foot brush hog, 5 foot requires a sober driver. GREAT with a finish mower- makes single cylinder-and most 2 cylinder, civilian ride
mowers the stuff of sissies.

Welcome to the forum Tom. I also have a 1950 TO-20. Don't be afraid to ask questions or offer help to others. It gets a little lonely on this board sometimes.

Greetings Tom, I've had my TO20 since 1997, great little machine. I also have a Ford 9N and you probably know the implements
are interchangeable. Mine is not as pretty as yours which probably was under cover most of it's life. I recently converted to
12 volt with pertronix ignition, wished I had done it years ago. Good luck with your equipment search.

Nice tractor. I got a TO-20 last fall I hope to have going soon.

Been using a 9N for ~35 years. That handles a 5' Howse brush cutter fine.

I also have a grade blade like yours and a scoop bucket that came with the N. Both are good at moving manure.

For the garden I have a two-bottom plow and 2-section spring tooth harrow, both Ferguson. They make short work of the garden. I need a disc If I want to break up sod.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back