For dieseltech

super99

Well-known Member
I just bought a Super88 diesel that has sat for several years inside a shed, ran good when parked. PO says he did a screwdriver test on it and the pump isn't stuck. He has directions, so I could run the test again, dare I put a battery in it and try to start it or not? You can email me at [email protected] with your phone number and I can call you if you want. Thanks, Chris
 
I just bought a Super88 diesel that has sat for several years inside a shed, ran good when parked. PO says he did a screwdriver test on it and the pump isn't stuck. He has directions, so I could run the test again, dare I put a battery in it and try to start it or not? You can email me at [email protected] with your phone number and I can call you if you want. Thanks, Chris
NO! Do not even turn engine by hand as that WILL break any stuck parts too. The so called screwdriver test is a JOKE, that only tells if the METERING SLEEVE is stuck or not, and trained hands can tell the same thing just by turning the external governor shaft. What USUALLY is stuck/broken is the hydraulic head PLUNGER, then another head is needed. The ONLY chance if parts are not already broken is to REMOVE PUMP AS IS, WHERE IS, meaning DO NOT TURN ENGINE TO SET TIMING EITHER. I've been able to same some pumps with stuck parts IF I get them in AS IS. Next problem could be the head assembly MIGHT be severely worn and not start when hot anymore. On ANY PSB pump, if parts are stuck, just checking to see if ENGINE is stuck turning by hand there's a GOOD chance pump is already wrecked inside.
 
Just FYI, it is not a good idea to post your full email on the web. You should disguise its ending like “atfrontier dotcom” Go up to the top right and under members check “current visitors” then open the “robot” tab. There you will see the array computers with programs searching for things such as your email. There is nothing YT can do about it. If they block them the good ones get blocked out with the bad ones. For example if Google does not see your site the search hits by real people searching drops way off. This may not be an exact explanation but it is close. The Private Message feature is great for exchanging this type of information. Items exchanged there are not open to exposure like and open forum. If you are still viewing you can edit it out within the 1st hour after you post.
 
Last edited:
NO! Do not even turn engine by hand as that WILL break any stuck parts too. The so called screwdriver test is a JOKE, that only tells if the METERING SLEEVE is stuck or not, and trained hands can tell the same thing just by turning the external governor shaft. What USUALLY is stuck/broken is the hydraulic head PLUNGER, then another head is needed. The ONLY chance if parts are not already broken is to REMOVE PUMP AS IS, WHERE IS, meaning DO NOT TURN ENGINE TO SET TIMING EITHER. I've been able to same some pumps with stuck parts IF I get them in AS IS. Next problem could be the head assembly MIGHT be severely worn and not start when hot anymore. On ANY PSB pump, if parts are stuck, just checking to see if ENGINE is stuck turning by hand there's a GOOD chance pump is already wrecked inside.


Great info there.
 
Just FYI, it is not a good idea to post your full email on the web. You should disguise its ending like “atfrontier dotcom” Go up to the top right and under members check “current visitors” then open the “robot” tab. There you will see the array computers with programs searching for things such as your email. There is nothing YT can do about it. If they block them the good ones get blocked out with the bad ones. For example if Google does not see your site the search hits by real people searching drops way off. This may not be an exact explanation but it is close. The Private Message feature is great for exchanging this type of information. Items exchanged there are not open to exposure like and open forum. If you are still viewing you can edit it out within the 1st hour after you post.
I was looking for the private messaging but couldn't find it
 
I was looking for the private messaging but couldn't find it
The private messaging is the envelope icon in the top right corner. Depends what your screen looks like. Here are a couple examples of where it is
markup_1000000387 (1).png
markup_1000000388 (1).png
 
Just FYI, it is not a good idea to post your full email on the web. You should disguise its ending like “atfrontier dotcom” Go up to the top right and under members check “current visitors” then open the “robot” tab. There you will see the array computers with programs searching for things such as your email. There is nothing YT can do about it. If they block them the good ones get blocked out with the bad ones. For example if Google does not see your site the search hits by real people searching drops way off. This may not be an exact explanation but it is close. The Private Message feature is great for exchanging this type of information. Items exchanged there are not open to exposure like and open forum. If you are still viewing you can edit it out within the 1st hour after you post.


Careful now, I was chastised the other day for offering more or less the same advice.
 
I was looking for the private messaging but couldn't find it
It is actually called “Conversations” by the folks who made the software. The “mail or letter” icon at the top is the main access to it. I covered the use of it in this post in early January. PM instructions post
One thing I didn’t cover in that post is that you can start “conversations” or PMs right out of your thread. In this case if you want to contact Dieseltech on a PC hover over his username then click the “Start Conversation” and then follow the directions in the linked post. It is odd that I can’t see that option on your username. I am going to check in with support to see if you possibly disabled it some way.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top