Ford 19-551; 755 series backhoe hydraulic tubes

Ray T.

I have a 1971 Ford 4500 with a 19-551; 755 series Backhoe. One of the "hidden" hydraulic tubes in the boom is leaking. The tube is for the bucket cylinder and the Ford part number is 7705249. I have called 3 dealers including Messick s and the part is no longer available. I have searched for aftermarket parts with that number and no luck finding any. I have called several hydraulic shops, but they only make flexible hoses. The Ford Service manual says do not try to repair by welding or soldering. Has anyone faced this problem before and is there a good solution? I am in a rural area of SE TN on the NC / GA border and not close to any major cities.

The Ford Service manual you're quoting was printed back when new parts were still available. The people who wrote that are probably dead now, so they won't
care if you pull it out and are able to repair the leak by whatever means necessary.

Many tubes have been replaced by hoses. Hoses can work just fine but you need to route them, so they don't get pinched or worn from rubbing. Tubes can be brazed or welded up; or sections can be replaced with proper methods. There are hydraulic shops that could duplicate your old tube if you take it to them, you will have to check around your area,

Fixed one for a neighbor recently, they had tried to braze it 3 times and couldn t get it to stop leaking. Had them completely grind out all the braze then I tig welded it, no problems.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back