Retcol

I am going to look at a Ford 2600. What are the pros and cons of the gas model with a 8 speed transmission? It looks like some yellow paint is showing through on the tractor so I assume it may have been an Industrial Model. Is that the same as the row crop? What is the correct color of the fenders?

I have a 3600 Diesel with all blue Ford paint except for the Ford Light Grey (almost white) wheels. I also have a 3000 and the 3600 has several upgrades over the 3000 that I like, with both having the 8 speed, bullet proof, tranny. I started with gas tractors as that was all that I could afford. Today all 7 of my tractors are Diesels because they just work and work, are extremely fuel efficient, and don't cause me any problems......as long as I ensure clean fuel for them.......which I do.

A 2600 was a general purpose agricultural chassis model. There wasn't a row crop model in the 2600 series. There were narrow, vineyard (2600V), rice (2600R), Highway (234) and Low Center of Gravity (231) chassis models in the 2600 series. The only one that was called an industrial model was the LCG 231, but most folks would call it a 231, not a 2600. Yellow paint just means that it was painted yellow at some point, not what type of tractor it is. It might even be a yellow colored primer peaking through.

Overall they are very strong dependable tractors as long as they have been maintained properly. The cons of the gas engine are that it doesn't sip fuel like the diesel engine and it is more persnickety than the diesel in terms of tune-up items like fuel and spark delivery. Sorry I can't help with the color of the fenders as I am partially color blind.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back