Ford 3600 vertical exhaust conversion

brando1956

New User
First post, have been lurking here for years, now have a new tractor project. I have a 78 Ford 3600 with cab and the horizontal exhaust is gassing me inside if I don't run with windows open. I want to convert to vertical exhaust. Can anyone out there tell me if the air box/air filter have to be changed or relocated? It looks like I need the vertical manifold and the intermediate pipe with a support bracket that appears to bolt to the manifold. What else besides the muffler is needed?

(quoted from post at 21:55:44 04/11/21) First post, have been lurking here for years, now have a new tractor project. I have a 78 Ford 3600 with cab and the horizontal exhaust is gassing me inside if I don't run with windows open. I want to convert to vertical exhaust. Can anyone out there tell me if the air box/air filter have to be changed or relocated? It looks like I need the vertical manifold and the intermediate pipe with a support bracket that appears to bolt to the manifold. What else besides the muffler is needed?

In addition to the manifold and muffler, you need the S-pipe and a hole in the hood. Here are links to the parts drawing for both the gasoline and diesel exhaust systems, the S-pipe is labelled #23 in both drawings:

Link to parts drawing for 3600 gasoline exhaust

Link to parts drawing for 3600 diesel exhaust

(reply to post at 19:11:24 04/11/21)
hanks for your help. Already have hole in the hood that looks to be in the right place, has what looks like a factory cover bolted over stamped hole. I just wasn't sure if the exhaust pipe would have room to get by the air box without moving it, sounds easier than I thought. Good to get input from someone who knows before I buy parts. Much obliged.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back