Ford 4140 Proofmeter Cable Connection

EddieB

New User
Hello,
I recently acquired a 1963 Ford 4140 Industrial with the loader/backhoe. (172 cid 4 cylinder diesel) It is a fence-row special: it has sat for a couple/several years out in the weather. It has the Industrial Hydraulic package. (The gear pump connected to the front of the engine) The proofmeter has no cable on it. Looking through the parts lists, there is a place to connect the proofmeter cable to the back of the hydraulic piston pump (the one running from the flywheel) however, mine doesn't have this, it has the cover over the hole.
So my question is; where would my proofmeter cable connect to the engine?

Some connected to the back of the generator.Yours probably won't have the cable adaptor, so you may be looking at another generator.

Ben

If you don't have a rear three point hitch on your HD Industrial the pump would not be there to connect to, but some of the tractors had just the gear section of the pump that the cable would connect to instead of the blank plate that you have on your tractor. I have seen one or two at the parts yards.

is it still generator, or 12v conversion? either way, alt. conversion with tach drive might be simplest. also might take dash out & see if tach meter still works.

Thanks for the replies. I searched the web and see what the generator link looks like, my generator doesn't have anything like that. I also saw someone made one to connect to the back of an alternator. I'll either be doing that or I'll look for the gear and housing to add to the flywheel drive. Thanks again for the help.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back