Ford 4500 gas engine in to ford 3400

iadler34

New User
I have a ford 3400 backhoe with the 3 cylinder gas engine that does not run. I found a ford 4500 industrial with a gas engine that does run. Will I be able to put the 3.1L from the 4500 in to my 3400

Direct swap. We did a 4500 diesel swap on this gas 3000 and we had to change a few things since it was going to diesel
IMG_6856.jpeg

Yes, all 3 cylinder engines are interchangeable.
You may have to replumb the air tubes/filter to the new carb, add the fuel lines, and keep/change or not change the flywheel that matches the transmission/clutch, and run a wire from the ignition switch, change the fuel line and sediment bowl, all from the donner tractor... move the kill to the choke....swap the hood for the new location on the air filter... but yes

You may have to replumb the air tubes/filter to the new carb, add the fuel lines, and keep/change or not change the flywheel that matches the transmission/clutch, and run a wire from the ignition switch, change the fuel line and sediment bowl, all from the donner tractor... move the kill to the choke....swap the hood for the new location on the air filter... but yes

I think he’s swapping gas to gas

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back