Ford 555A Parts Manual

All, I just picked up a 555A for $11k in excellent condition. Included was a 1000 page parts manual for it and several other tractors. I have a decent scanner so I went ahead and scanned the doc to a PDF and also made it searchable. I figured some people would find it useful, so I uploaded it to my blog.

http://www.ourlittle.farm/ford-550-555-555a-555b-655-655a-parts-manual/79283/

If anyone has the service manual, I'd be happy to scan, return, and upload the manual for the rest of the community.

Nick

(quoted from post at 13:27:42 09/09/23) All, I just picked up a 555A for $11k in excellent condition. Included was a 1000 page parts manual for it and several other tractors. I have a decent scanner so I went ahead and scanned the doc to a PDF and also made it searchable. I figured some people would find it useful, so I uploaded it to my blog.

http://www.ourlittle.farm/ford-550-555-555a-555b-655-655a-parts-manual/79283/

If anyone has the service manual, I'd be happy to scan, return, and upload the manual for the rest of the community.

Nick

Thank you. Much easier than fetching the manual from the garage. Eventually CNH will remove Ford online parts diagrams and this pdf will come in very handy. That's a nice A. Someone took good care of her.

All my googling was for naught then apparently lol. That said, there is a good deal of other notes and such in the one I uploaded. Super handy to have it organized the way the other one is.

Is there a similar site for free for for the service manual? That is the one I don t have yet.

(quoted from post at 08:43:04 09/10/23) All my googling was for naught then apparently lol. That said, there is a good deal of other notes and such in the one I uploaded. Super handy to have it organized the way the other one is.

Is there a similar site for free for for the service manual? That is the one I don t have yet.

Occasionally one can find a complete free service manual they might need online, however I find that most are purchase items. A manufacturer can receive a monetary gain, if they make a parts manual available, from the parts sales that the parts manual may/can generate. There is no monetary gain to a manufacturer/dealer by posting service manuals the same way. The service manual is generally used to bypass the dealer system shops; thus, one generally has to purchase those as the sale of the manual may be the only ROI they get from it. JMHO

(quoted from post at 05:43:04 09/10/23) All my googling was for naught then apparently lol. That said, there is a good deal of other notes and such in the one I uploaded. Super handy to have it organized the way the other one is.

No, except as Jim has mentioned. Originals are available on eBay once in a while and are indispensable. Reprints are more common. There's also an Owners Manual that provides the basics to get one started. The online parts manual is convenient many times, but it's also lacking. The gold standard is the manual you uploaded.

Forgot to mention there's always folks looking for the electrical diagrams. Can't remember if it's here on YT or on HEF. Another pdf that's always in demand.

Thanks. I am hoping I can find someone with either that d be willing to mail me their manual for a day or so so I can scan, upload, and return so I don t have to shell out the $80 or whatever for my own.

Fortunately I don t need it just yet, so I can wait a bit first.

I live in NE Ohio if anyone is in the area.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back