Ford 8530 Flywheel Thickness

Humbly seeking knowledge.
Help a farmer out, if you have experience replies are appreciated.

Ford 8530 specifications of original
Flywheel Thickness on a 8530 Ford
tractor.

This project tractor had the flywheel trimmed down previously, by alf an inch, during the final stages of repairs but then clutch keeps pulling the tractor instead of not pulling when we put the clutch in. For repair /parts time efficiency it would be a boon if anyone knew the original thickness of the flywheel from previous measurements or calipers. Various sites, parts stores, tractor manuals havens listed the actual thickness of he flywheel that I ve found.
If it s an 1 1/2inch thickness or otherwise originally it s a mystery as compared to the thickness now.[/code]

Hello GFK welcome to YT! Your communication is a
little difficult to understand. I do not know the spec
you are looking for but if there was actually a half inch
machined off the flywheel clutch plate engagement
surface your flywheel needs to be replaced. It is likely
the center hub of the clutch plate is hitting the bolts
that bolt the flywheel to the crankshaft unless this
style of flywheel has a very deep recess for the bolts.
Secondly, I doubt you could convince any self
respecting machine shop to machine a half inch off
your flywheel.

I'd agree with used red and add that if they just cut the center without compensating for that around the edge that is the problem along with hub issue.

I probably have the Info you need, but I need the Ford Casting Number off the flywheel to get you the max and Min Specs. Post back or send
me an E-mail and I will get you the Info.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back