Ford 8n-c tractor?

What does the -C mean? I have never heard of that designation in regards to an 8N.
Look up at the post by wore out, it is explained there. It is just a misunderstanding of the OP about the casting codes.
Edit: Or I should say the OP saw it cast in the engine and added the C behind 8N.
 
Last edited:
C indicates the revision. There was an 8n, 8n-b and 8n-c. With c being the latest revision (late 1951) which added the small bump in compression and the distributor dust cover. 8n-b (early 1950 I think), this revision included the side distributor and proofmeter. I think the original 8n (1947) has the front distributor and no proofmeter. I might be wrong on a couple of these but this is how I think it went. My early 1951 has the side distributor, proofmeter and is a 8n-b casting.
 
My 1951 8N-C (on casting), has side mount distributor and Proofmeter. My newly acquired 1948 8N has just 8N on casting, front distributor and no Proofmeter. zuhnc
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top