Ford 8N Hydraulic Pump Removal

Hi Y'all, I just removed the hydraulic pump from my 52 8n. I tried something new to see if it would work well and boy howdy am I pleased with how easy this job
was. I was dreading this job because I knew how awkward it was on the TO20 and TO30, and how hard it was on my shoulders and clothes.
This time, I removed the 1 3/8" 7/16-14 bolt off of the clamp at the top of valve chamber and ran a bolt, same thread, only a 2 inch through a link of a 2 link
section of 3/8" chain. I did this on both sides, This gave me a lifting point. Then hooked 2 24" bungees to the link, on each side, on each side of differential
shaft, and the other end to my engine hoist. Jacked up the hoist until I felt the tension on the bungee cords were at or greater than the weight of the pump. Went
underneath and removed all of the bolts to the pump. The pump never moved. Gently lowered the hoist until the pump was "weightless". Working from the top I pushed
the pump down, against the bungee tension, and lowered it beneath the tractor to a waiting furniture dolly. Rolled it to the bench, and reinstalled the original
bolts. Whole job took less than 5 minutes and never even got so much as my hands dirty. No ibuprofen and life is good. I am planning to install it the same way.
Am considering a permanent small L shape bracket under the bolt so next time, either me or some one behind me will already have a lifting point in place.

Youre tell me you have to take the top cover off every time you want to take the pump off. When I take the pump out I take the bolts out around the pump. It will stay momentarily the wiggle it and let it fall on a couch cushion I found at the dump. Im 70 years old and it doesnt hurt the pump.

I got you beat there! I'm 77, & I use my floor jack jacked up to just under the pump, take the bolts out, wiggle it loose, lower it slowly & roll it out from under.

I am 65 with two bad shoulders I remove them by hand nuttin to it... Jack are run the tractor up on car ramps life will be good...

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back