Massey_165
Member
I just purchased a Ford jubilee, it won’t start. I’ve been looking through the wiring and can’t find a voltage regulator. Where should the regulator be located?
Unless it has been converted to 12 volts and an internal regulated alternator has been installed, then you won’t find one. See example in photo. Hopefully you know a if your battery has a good charge and the rest of the starting system is up to par it should still start. More details on where you are at in your quest would be good.I just purchased a Ford jubilee, it won’t start. I’ve been looking through the wiring and can’t find a voltage regulator. Where should the regulator be located?
I just got it home yesterday. The guy I got it off of said the wires shorted out, he’s replaced a lot of stuff but wasn’t able to get it started again. I printed of wiring diagrams and they had a voltage regulator on them. It is 6 volt so that would make sense why I couldn’t find one.Unless it has been converted to 12 volts and an internal regulated alternator has been installed, then you won’t find one. See example in photo. Hopefully you know a if your battery has a good charge and the rest of the starting system is up to par it should still start. More details on where you are at in your quest would be good.
It is stillYou mean it currently has a 6 volt (3 cap) battery? Or you are just stating that it is originally a 6 volt system? If it has a 6 volt battery it is not very likely to have an alternator installed.
it is still 6 volt, it has a generator I’m pretty sure.You mean it currently has a 6 volt (3 cap) battery? Or you are just stating that it is originally a 6 volt system? If it has a 6 volt battery it is not very likely to have an alternator installed.
You mean it currently has a 6 volt (3 cap) battery? Or you are just stating that it is originally a 6 volt system? If it has a 6 volt battery it is not very likely to have an alternator installed.
If you have a six volt battery then, you have or should have a six volt charging system. That was original to the tractor. The voltage regulator was located just above and behind the battery on the firewall.I just got it home yesterday. The guy I got it off of said the wires shorted out, he’s replaced a lot of stuff but wasn’t able to get it started again. I printed of wiring diagrams and they had a voltage regulator on them. It is 6 volt so that would make sense why I couldn’t find one.
Welcome to the wonderful world of FORD TRACTORS; you now belong to an exquisite group of members. The next step is to get the ESSENTIAL MANUALS for your tractor. You need the NAA OPERATOR's/OWNER's Manual; a '39-'53 MPC; and the I&T F019 & F0-20 Service Manuals and read them religiously BEFORE YOU DO ANYTYHNG ELSE, especially yanking parts off willy nilly you know nothing about. OEM FORD electrical systems were 6V/POS GRN but many have been converted over to12V. Wiring setups differ. Just because you have a 6V battery does not mean the system is wired correctly for that. So STOP now and read more. As stated, a GENERATOR is only used on the 6V system for the NAA and requires a Volagte Regulator as well. Do you know how to ID a VR?I just purchased a Ford jubilee, it won’t start. I’ve been looking through the wiring and can’t find a voltage regulator. Where should the regulator be located?
We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.
Copyright © 1997-2025 Yesterday's Tractor Co.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.
Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy