Found another set of 9 bolt duals

SVcummins

Since I cut the centers out of the original 9 bolt duals I had to make a set of clamp on duals for my 3020 I?ve been looking for another set to replace them the calcium had eaten the first set pretty bad I didn?t feet to bad about cutting them up . So with this set I?m going to pull the dual hubs off the 4020 and put them on the 3020 need to find a set of smaller wedges for the smaller 3020 axles then I can use the clamp on duals on the 4020 and I?ll be able to put two more sets of weights on each side of the 4020 I was originally thinking of cutting enough out of the center of the weights to fit over the dual hub and then use the spacers I have to still be able to bolt the dual rims on
cvphoto4041.jpg

Rather than cut the centers of the wieghts out to fit over the hubs why not just split them so you can put them on half at a time. Would lose less weight and easier to put on. I put 3 sets of split weights on my 806 that way and turned them so the bolts don't only hold the one half. They fit nicely on the inside of the casting. I used threaded rod in a grade 5 rating to hold them on. Yes you can buy grade 5 threaded rod. Just not at the local TSC store. You will have to go to a place that sells machine tooling or repair.
By splitting them you could even put them on the inside of the casting so they would be out of the way for things.

JD weights of that vintage are held by 3 bolts, not 4 like a Farmall. Can't do split weights. If it was up to me I would just add the extra weights to the inside of the cast wheel.

The dual hub is larger than the inside diameter of the weight so I?ve decided to put the clamp on duals on the 4020 and put the hubs off the 4020 on the 3020 . If all that makes sense should have done that in the first place

I have thought about putting them on the inside but
I really don?t want to fight the wheel wedges

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back