Frankentractor ?

On the new 350 Farmall,I've noticed some 'irregularities'.First,the SN tag reads"International 350 Utility-1584 US.(High Altitude;TA/LPTO) MFGed 1956.The trans/clutch houseing casting code is 12*18*C (1957).The rear end Cast code is 10*2*C(1957)The engine is 3*7*D(1958).It is a C175.There is also written in pencil the SN and casting date code from the trans/clutch houseing onto the gas tank.It has the short PTO shift lever from a utility tractor on a home made bracket bolted to the axle.The TA lever looks a bit different,too.There may be other 'abnormalitys' that I haven't found yet.I think I have a 'Frankentractor'. Cool. :)

It is what keeps us in the mood to buy another old tractor. What mystery will we have to solve with this next one? I just found out about another SC Case. Supposedly runs. I need another old tractor like I need a hole in my head but darn, I just have to go look at it!

Dont need another tractor is absolutely right!But we just cant resist. Like a drug addict,I guess...I can hear our wives now..."We cant afford to pay the light bill! And you go out and buy another
@!%#* tractor!!"LOL

COuld be a High Utility. If so it could be one of 877 total made. Or it could be as noted a Frankintractor. The Platform is a Key difference. Pictures please!! Jim

cvphoto71679.jpg

350 High U

If it has frame rails and appears to be a farmall type chassis. See what the engine casting number is above the C-175 to see if it is a utility block or a farmall block. Could be they made some changes and used the utility chassis. If it still has a regular, not high utility differential gear you should notice faster ground speeds if using 38 inch tires.

Also thinking a serial number maybe missing on the end of 1584. Still wouldn't work with engine. Still wouldn't be a high enough serial number for date code engine if serial was 15849, unless a replacement block. First farmall 350 built in march of 58 was serial 15866. First 350 U in march was 16546. Engine serial number for both tractors with a C-175 date code of 3-7-D would be 27,000 and higher. Date code you said was on the center housing sure don't work with the serial number plate. You are correct, things don't add up.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back