Friday Extra 3

Majorman

cvphoto159152.jpg

I have great admiration for the people who build these models from scratch. My first boss built a complete threshing set of stem engine, threshing drum and straw elevator from scratch and it was all fully working and he threshed small grain at shows with it.
Friday Steamers

I agree, Majorman... At the Miami Valley Steam Thresher's Reunion last weekend, there were several small engines like the ones in your picture. There was also a 5/8ths scale engine that the man built so it was big enough to ride on comfortably. He was very inventive in the part scrounging area, using gears from other machines that were the correct size, and etc... I wish now I had taken pictures, and recorded his description of the work involved....

You may call it a Mill or Separator, but over here it is a drum. The threshing part of a conventional combine is still called a drum. Hope that helps.

Two countries separate by the same language, I think Noel Coward, an English play write once said, I think.;0)

cvphoto159178.jpg

We also do not blow the straw into a heap, it is fed into an elevator and stacked loose or fed into a straw buncher or baler.

I was not asking you to stop the puzels, just to put a bit of information about the picture and I see that you are doing that so thanks. Usually a link is to help the person get more information, that is all I wanted to if a tractor just make or anything about it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back