From the toolbox drawers...an assortment

Dave H (MI)

I took pictures of left half and right half because the longest of these is 12.5 inches long. So here goes...the top five items are parts to an inside mic set...sans mic. In particular, these match a Mitutoyo set I have so I am going to call that one. Immediately below that is what looks like a very long and small drill bit...but thinking it looks more like an end mill because it is flat on the bottom. 11 inches long...wondering what it is and why so long? How could you ever get any rigidity with such a thing? Next down is a very interesting thing. Says 267VT on the shank which had a plastic protector. Very sharp point is not the same steel as the rest of it. Second from bottom is I dunno what. Ball on one end and the other end is as pictured. Bottom item is some type of tool and has the following around the shank...ASH-PTT30...engraved in such a way that it reads continuous without a beginning or end. The business end of this was also protected with a slide on cover. Any ideas...love to hear them!

cvphoto118341.jpg

cvphoto118342.jpg

The skinny end mill is used to make a counter bore in a drilled hole (of the same size as the shank), it uses the drilling as a guide. Jim

Yes, sorry...working a lot of hours and very tired. Those match the two Mitutoyo DEPTH mic sets that I have. Not sure how someone loses the mic itself but what I think happens is someone cherry picks the box before it comes my way. Some stuff gets left behind because they don't have any idea what they are taking. So they see the mic and decide to squirrel that away not realizing that they have just limited it's usefulness and value by not doing a little homework.

Always interesting. Things like that I just never knew existed unless I saw a picture in a catalog. Never like to say never, but pretty sure I will never use it. But I do keep a drawer of odd end mills...as long as it fits in there I am OK with it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back