Front mount snow blower

chas036

Does anyone have any experience with a front mounted snow blower like the Erskine 60in snowblower. I have an Oliver 1800 , and I JD 730 would this type of snow blower work on this type of tractor?

Here's my BER-VAC front mount I've had awhile, I just put it on a JD 4630 this fall. Hopefully it will scare the snow away this winter, but if not at least I won't have a sore neck from the three point blower that I used before finding this one..
cvphoto110161.jpg

Not the answer to your question but I have a new front mount for Kubota F mowers , Located in Tennessee and we just do not get enough snow to use it. This thing retails for around 4 grand anyone that know anyone that can use this one just make an offer.
cvphoto110164.jpg

I am getting a 74 front-mount on my LS MT342 tractor. I got the tractor last week and the snow-blower is supposed to be here in another two weeks. The tractor is 42 HP.

(quoted from post at 13:26:29 12/07/21) Does anyone have any experience with a front mounted snow blower like the Erskine 60in snowblower. I have an Oliver 1800 , and I JD 730 would this type of snow blower work on this type of tractor?

There is no practical way to get either of those tractors narrowed up to 60" to fit behind that snowblower, and still have them usable for other things the rest of the year.

If you get heavy snows, the tractor wheels will be running in the deep snow trying to push the snowblower. There will always be at least one wheel in deep snow, tipping the tractor to one side, making the snowblower cut unevenly. You will need to make multiple passes over the same area to get things cleaned up which can be annoying.

Ideally you want the blower to be at least as wide as the tractor.

If you don't get frequent heavy snows, a snowblower is a waste of time. Just get a blade and push it out of the way.

(quoted from post at 05:22:12 12/08/21)
(quoted from post at 13:26:29 12/07/21) Does anyone have any experience with a front mounted snow blower like the Erskine 60in snowblower. I have an Oliver 1800 , and I JD 730 would this type of snow blower work on this type of tractor?

There is no practical way to get either of those tractors narrowed up to 60" to fit behind that snowblower, and still have them usable for other things the rest of the year.

If you get heavy snows, the tractor wheels will be running in the deep snow trying to push the snowblower. There will always be at least one wheel in deep snow, tipping the tractor to one side, making the snowblower cut unevenly. You will need to make multiple passes over the same area to get things cleaned up which can be annoying.

If you don't get frequent heavy snows, a snowblower is a waste of time. Just get a blade and push it out of the way.

Depends on where he's located in Upstate NY. Some areas around Lake Ontario get ridiculous amounts of snow. My rear blower is a feww inches narrower that the rear tires. It works, but ain't pretty.....

(quoted from post at 09:22:12 12/08/21)

I've seen angled wings or scoops added to each side of blowers to widen the cut. Seems to work good, just have to go a tad slower to avoid overloading the blower in heavy or deep snow.

I would prefer that to looking over my shoulder constantly. Much more comfortable I would think.

Although I do know some people who see being uncomfortable while working to be a testimonial to their toughness.

This post was edited by Carlmac 369 on 12/08/2021 at 07:43 am.

I made my previous post at 11:36 AM. I then made an edit to it.

It says I edited the post at 7:43 AM.

When did a time machine get added to the forums?

Agree 100% with "engineering", especially his last sentence. Unless you get a lot of heavy snow (as in inches or feet, not weight) a blade is faster and cleaner. We are in upstate NY in a place where lake effect off Lake Ontario is not uncommon and even so, I will only use the blower one or two years out of ten; only when I run out of room to push the banks, and then just to blow the banks and piles back.

Jim

Blade is worthless on the open praries of southern MN. Wind blows every other day, the ridges a blade makes fills in deeper and deeper, soon you have 3 feet deep drifts blown in every day.

Front blower is great with a front wheel assist tractor.

Older tractors they have a lot of contraption to make it work, then you have all the weight on the front end and little on the rears, need to pile the weights on the back. It can work but you need to figure out the details and expense. It is nice having multiple slow foreword gears to blow with.

Paul

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back