game camera

ztrmowers

anybody on here use game camera, wife i thought would be fun to use but we got unit for gift to us and it has to be on internet and you have new monthly charge. it says its a fusion celluar trail camera, stealth cam. we do not need that,any units out ther that just simply take pic by motion and to go get camer see what you got. fill me in

I bought a Browning in early December. I think it was around 160 bucks. I take my laptop to the tree where I have the camera, plug in a patch cord and suck the pictures off of the camera.

It has been fun.
cvphoto70220.jpg

(quoted from post at 12:09:45 01/06/21) anybody on here use game camera, wife i thought would be fun to use but we got unit for gift to us and it has to be on internet and you have new monthly charge. it says its a fusion celluar trail camera, stealth cam. we do not need that,any units out ther that just simply take pic by motion and to go get camer see what you got. fill me in

Can you operate it with all images only going into the SD card?
Cell and wireless turned off?

The kind that we have just put the pictures (thousands of them) on an SD card and we just change the card, take the full one home and put it in a computer, and only save what we want.

There are lots of cameras that don't use the cell phone. Load to SD card, and you either use a viewer connected to your phone, or bring SD card to a computer to view. I have several. SD cards will hold a lot of pictures, so you don't have to read card very often if you don't want to. My cameras are Wildgame Innovations, and Mudd. Would give either a C+ grade. There are probably others that are much better. Drop by a sports shop and talk to a sales person. Figure out what you need, and see what you can find on Amazon or other online vendors. I prefer cheaper ones - if someone swipes it, I'm not out a small fortune.

As others have mentioned, use one with a SD card. I have 2 Browning strike force extremes and an entry level wildlife innovations. I love my brownings, exceptional pictures and video and great battery life. Batteries are at 67%, they’ve been in use since late July with thousands of photos taken. My wildlife innovations camera I received as a gift about 5 years ago. It takes surprisingly good pictures for a cheap camera and is user friendly. Several guys I work with have multiple cellular cameras and their picture quality is not the best even though they bought higher end cameras. They also complain that they are costly because of the cellular plans. I have multiple SD cards. I just swap them out then kick back in the recliner with my iPad download my pictures.

Most likely your camera also uses a Secure Digital (SD) card. Just read your instruction manual or post your make and model here for more specific instructions on how to use your SD card.

Trail cameras with cellular capability only make sense if you are to far away to visit your camera or you want to see your pics in real time. (I think most cellular capable cameras batch send their pics but yours might send them immediately.). Ding Ding! Here is your 2 AM pic!!

Whoever bought you the camera spent a lot of money. Cellular capable cameras are about $100-$150 more than a SD card only camera.

Have fun checking on the critters that generally scurry around out of sight!

Great thread. I'm considering one or more since two legged varmints have been more active around here recently.

Check out https://www.trailcampro.com/ They test cameras, and have pretty good reviews. I have bought several of their recommendations and been happy for a year or two. Most are china junk with a short lifespan. You pretty much get what you pay for. Some have whistles and bells I don't need. Wish I would have bought Reconyx in the beginning.

Bill

I have a basic unit from Bushnell. It stores pictures on an SD card and I have 2 cards so I can swap them out.I only take game photos and do not hunt. It's really surprising the quality and the poses that you get sometimes.

I find that setting the sensitivity on the high side reduces the endless number of squirrel and raccoon photos. I also set it up where I can put a feeder block in the the middle of the picture and that will really draw them in. Once they find that block it disappears pretty quickly.

Great fun, you will really enjoy it.

That camera should still have an SD card that stores the pics, just like most other cameras. It's a handy feature for some people or situations, it's not something I want to pay a constant fee for. If cell service is poor or intermittent, they store the pics on the SD card and will send once the signal is back up. Some of those cameras are stuck to certain cell provider, some are "global", you will need a decent cell signal for whatever provider the camera uses.

If you have friends who like to hunt, or someone who likes technology, you might offer to sell the camera to them or have them buy one you would like better to trade. They might get the better deal but both of you will have what you want.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back