Gauge wheels

I have a Landpride 3 point finish mower with pneumatic gauge wheels. I'm constantly battling flat tires. I'm considering getting solid rubber tires. Anyone use these tires? Any pros or cons about them?
Dave

sjequipmentparts.com

Excellent folks to deal with. I've
gotten several solid gauge wheels and
yokes for my Patriot FDR1660 Landpride
finish mower from them.

Just FYI. I bought this mower for the City I worked for (to mow parks) many years ago then bought
it for myself when they sold it. I ordered it with solid tires because we were having flats with
our previous pneumatic tires. It solved our flat issue, but a year later we went back to pneumatic
because the solid tires were beating the machine to death. If you are mowing a nice smooth area
you'll probably be fine. But then, you probably wouldn't be having flats either.
cvphoto161575.jpg

Blackhole, my Landpride AT2572 looks just like your mower. I love it but I spend too much time working on tires. Also, the valve stems are sooo hard to get to and those darn bearings are a pain. The area I mow is about 5 acres and is not a manicured lawn, more of a grassy field so maybe solid tires are not the answer. Also, changing those small tires or putting tubes in them is a real hard task. They are only 4 in rims!
Thank you all for your input.
Dave

I agree with you about working on them. Are you poking holes in them or other failures? My mower
was very well used before I got it and I've only had 2 flats in 15 years mowing a fairly bumpy 2
acre trail weekly. Surprisingly, I have never had to mess with the bearings. A couple of years
ago, I snagged this for $1,300 to take over trail duty.
cvphoto161600.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back