Crazy Horse
Well-known Member
I have a basic understanding of what an engine governor does and why it does it .... the actual process is a bit fuzzy but even that I'm OK with (for now anyways). My question relates to the governor spring which is hooked up and is constantly (engine running or not) pulling (or trying to pull) the throttle to full opening.
So far so good? OK, here's my question. Does every engine (and the governor that comes with it from the factory) have a very specific overall LENGTH and STRENGTH for it's governor spring? It would seem to me that this would be the case. So a simple Yes or No is what I need to start .... PLUS any more information you can provide to enlighten me with this. Like if the answer is yes, where would one find that information?
So far so good? OK, here's my question. Does every engine (and the governor that comes with it from the factory) have a very specific overall LENGTH and STRENGTH for it's governor spring? It would seem to me that this would be the case. So a simple Yes or No is what I need to start .... PLUS any more information you can provide to enlighten me with this. Like if the answer is yes, where would one find that information?