green acres

the question of what kind of tractor was on green acres made me think of Hank Kimble,the county agents vehicle,,,,,,do you remember it?And who was the girl that was sweet on Hank? Who was Arnold the pigs mother and father? There was a neighbor farmer named Newt,what was his last name? What did Oliver use for a head gasket on an old truck he borrowed to deliver apples?
Just some cabin fever trivia,,,it is farm related,,,,,lol
Fictitious manufacturer was Hoyt Clagwell.
The man’s name is my username on this site Newt Kiley, Fred and Doris Ziffle were Arnold’s mother and father, Oliver used leftover hot cakes after Lisa cut out the hot cakes from a rectangular griddle, Ralph Monroe was sweet on Hank.

Even though Hank Kimble drove a Bronco,I think in a very few of the earliest episodes,he drove a Jeep didn't he? I'm thinking that early one had a spare tire on the side.

And it was Newt Kiley. My niece's name is Kiley,doesn't like it when I call her Newt Kiley.

It was Ralph Monroe that was sweet on Hank. They got married in one episode but then they found out Sam's license to perform marriages had expired. They didn't find out until after they had left for their honeymoon.
The Monroe Brothers were great. Remember the episode where Oliver decided to paint the house? Thr paint went right though the wall because, as Mr Haney explained, he didn't close the pours in the wood using the pour key? Can't recall off hand if Alfe and Ralph did the painting.

Show vehicles list of all vehicles in the show.
There were 2 Doris Ziffle . Barbara Pepper and Fran Ryan.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240110_071429_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240110_071429_Samsung Internet.jpg
    902.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20240110_070308_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240110_070308_Samsung Internet.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 15
the question of what kind of tractor was on green acres made me think of Hank Kimble,the county agents vehicle,,,,,,do you remember it?And who was the girl that was sweet on Hank? Who was Arnold the pigs mother and father? There was a neighbor farmer named Newt,what was his last name? What did Oliver use for a head gasket on an old truck he borrowed to deliver apples?
Just some cabin fever trivia,,,it is farm related,,,,,lol
The tractor was a mythical "Hoyt Clagwell" sold to Mr. Douglas by Mr. Hainey, I have a Hoyt Clagwell T-shirt I sometimes where to tractor shows. County agent Hank Kimble drove a Ford Bronco. Arnold the pig belonged to Fred and Doris Ziffel. POne of the nighbors was Newt Kiley. Lisa's hot cakes weren't too great to eat but would make a head gasket in a pinch. I was born in 1962 and Green Acres was one of my favorite shows as a child.

That Bronco Hank Kimball drove never had doors from the factory.It was an actual produced vehicle,but not many were made.I want to say it was called a sport something,but I don't think that's quite correct.

the new tractor Lisa bought was a 6000 commander the episode can be seen on U-tube, and the pancake head gasket was left after Lisa showed the diner cook how "she" made pancakes by using the coffee pot lid to cut out the cakes, I still watch the show from time to time, in the one with the head gasket they were pulled over by the county agents cousin I think funny stuff
Excuse me but, weren't they called flap cakes or hot jacks?

Lots of talk about Daisey or Ellie May but, let's not forget hot little Maryanne. Ginger couldn't compare to her.

I remember looking this up on the interwebz one time the subject came up here before.

Found a very informative site.

Of course we all know the tractor Oliver is driving in the opening of the show is a John Deere GP. If you look close there is also a Farmall M by a shed in one of the arial shots of the opening also. The borken down tractor Oliver bought from Mr Haney was a Hoyt-Clagwell (more in a bit on that)

Now what I gleaned from the site. At some point early on Ford Motor became a major sponsor of the show. At that point other than the opening everybit of iron was of ford heritage. Hank Kimball did drive a Jeep in a couple episodes and then a Bronco. The Hoyt-Clagwell was a old Fordson. Lisa bought a ford 6000 in one episode. Don't think it was presented as a ford but the product placement was there. Oliver drove a Ford of some sort. Only question I have never been able to confirm is Haney's truck.

Ralph Monroe was the Carpenter who was sweet on Kimball.

The other trivia questions I don't know.

jt
Mr Douglas (Oliver) drove a Lincoln car as well. other shots of FOrd cars and trucks thru the show.

beverly hill billies was sponsored by Chrysler. Ms Hathaway drove some nice Dodge and Plymouth convertibles and Mr Drysdale drove a nice Imperial.

As I remember he flew a P-38 Lightning fighter and one of his missions was ground support to bomb a German position in a farm house. As he was going in he was on the radio all upset about causing colateral to new crops. The beginnings of his course to becomming a farmer.
Eddie Albert is an actual WW2 hero. He received a Bronze Star.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back