Allan in NE

Well-known Member
Was gonna use the M to harrow in some road apples on 60 acres today.

Noticed that the precleaner was spitting oil. Not a little; a lot. Even filling the darned jar with oil.

Yep, you guessed it; my ebay live pump is shovin' 'er in the engine.

Can those things really be sealed with any success at all, or should I just get a new pump? This is the IH pump.

Drat!,

Allan
 
Allan, I'll trade you an old M with a belly pump. Yeah, it leaks too but it just goes on the ground and don't hurt nothin'

Truthfully I think the shaft gets worn and a new seal will be a temporary fix at best.

I'm leaving my cow chips lay. Yeah, they will rake up in the hay some but when I unroll the bales next winter they will fall back out out. Kinda like "redneck recycling"
 
Yeah,

I probably should too, considering the fuel costs. Just bugs me when the swather hits 'em.

Anyhoo, I switched tractors to the 686 and it runs cheaper anyway. :>)

Allan
 
Allen if the shaft bushing is good and ya have no excess shaft play the if the shaft does not have a grove wore in it yes they can be resealed .
 
Might tear it apart and have a look see. I just priced a new one. $700! Ouch! :>(

Darned thing just works great, but I was wonderin' where all that fluid was goin'. Now I know. :>(

Allan
 
I have a pump off a Super H that I think has some life left in it. I don't know what it would cost to send it to you, but you could try it out and pay me what you think its worth. I live about 150 miles north of you.
 
Thanks Bud! Yer a kind man.

Trouble is, this is on a M and your pump won't fit. :>(

Really appreciate the offer tho.

Allan
 
The pump was off of a 400 and had that long snout on it, which I relieved with a chop saw.

Keep thinking if maybe I took the wind out of 'er sails and landed on a weak bushing in the process. :>(

Allan
 
your luck is no better than mine , everytime I turn around it seems that I am getting the wrong end of the stick as well .Oh well life is such a dream .
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top