Guess the garbage

jon f mn

Finished the fence around the last cattle yard and worked on cleaning it up. It is amazing how much junk previous tenants left, but some is truly confusing. What do you think this is? There were four just like it in this small space of maybe two acres.

cvphoto45036.jpg

Also picked up a couple loads of garbage, everything from household garbage to burned furniture.

cvphoto45038.jpg

One trailer loaf of scrap iron

cvphoto45039.jpg

Got it clean enough for the cattle to go in and eat down the grass. But of course as soon as the grass was down they just uncovered more junk to clean up. I knew that would happen, but how much already shows is disappointing. Oh well, more cleaning won't hurt me none. Lol

I did get some tractor time by spraying my corn.

cvphoto45040.jpg

I like spraying because you drive slow but cover a lot of ground. Still have to spray the oats but I'll wait a bit yet to make sure everything is up.

That's about it for this weekend because we had some visitors, my stepson and stepdaughter and their families came over Saturday and my daughter and her family came today, so those were perfect excuses to grill some of the home grown pork and beef we just got. It was awesome. My youngest son stopped over too. He brought a pressure washer that his work threw away because it didn't work. He thought maybe I could fix it and get it going. Turned out the only thing wrong was the quick coupler for the pressure hose was rusted and they couldn't get it to attach. Took me a few minutes and I had it working. So now I have a good working pressure washer. So was a good weekend.

I’m not sure what you are pointing out for the inquiry? Surely it is not the area that the grass is killed. Which looks to me like they had a camper there and thought they should put down a tarp where it was setting. I’m sure you are brilliant enough to figure out such a thing. Otherwise I am sure the Case cultivator belongs to the current tenant. Lol!

Good fix on the pressure washer, we got a lawnmower like that a couple of years ago. Some people are just slobs, throw garbage out of sight. Does your locality charge to get rid of garbage? We have a good system in Beltrami county, pay $130 a year with our taxes, mandatory, allows us to get rid of most anything within reason, tires, computers etc. Too bad the scrap iron isn't worth anything, maybe things will turn around.

Any paper mills around your area? Not being able to see the material close up, if it was around here I would say it was likely fourdrinier wire but might be press or dryer felt. Fourdrinier wire is often a coarse nylon type woven material. Often laid on the ground to separate things from the gravel or grass, work surface, cover dirt driveways, etc.

The mystery garbage is an entire pop up style camper less the axle and tongue. It was so smashed down it was a total of about 6 or 8" tall. Had all the cabinets and base but no appliances. I can't figure how they got them smashed down so flat.

If created using pressed board, or chip board it just melted. If you used the loader to lift it up on the tongue end, it would probably only lift the frame (if that). Jim

The frame was all smashed too so it just kinda came out like mush. Most of the wood will be soil soon as I would have had to scoop it with a shovel

The previous owner of my place did the same thing with trash. They had one big pile and lots of small ones that had been there long enough cedar trees had grown up and hid a lot of them.

What little some people know cost them & sometimes benefits me. Honda pressure washer, looks like new, put out for trashman. Grabbed it took home, no water flow on faucet pressure, started but still no water flow. Removed inlet hose and 3-4 dead Geckos from inlet screen and it has been a fine machine!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back