Having to sell a Oliver Super 99 GM Diesel and I have some questions?

soret

New User
Hello everyone,

My family is in the process of selling our family farm after the passing of my Grandfather and with that comes selling off some old equipment.
We have a Oliver Super 99 GM Diesel that hasn't run in probably 10 years. I am unsure of the year as I am unable to find any form of identifying information? I'm also wondering if it's even really worth much considering the condition it is in?

Thank you for reading

Attachments

• oliver1web.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 293
  • oliver2web.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 268
I'd love to have it, but I see your in Alberta Canada, quite aways away from me. Somebody will give a couple grand for it the way it sits. Those are fairly rare tractor that a lot of people want with that Detroit in. Tractors in running condition similar to what you have pictured normally can't hardly be touched for under 10K. I'd say its worth probably around $2-3000 the way it sits, but to the right person, maybe more.

Upvote 0
Boy do I wish you were closer to Ontario! That is my dream tractor! As far as year goes they wer produced from 54 till 57. Yours looks like a green wheel so probably 54-56 as I think they switched back to red wheels in 57? ( others on here will know this for sure) As far as value they are a very desirable tractor to most Oliver guys and it still looks well worth restoring. If it turns over and its all there I would think you should be able to get 3-4k for it as is.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone,

My family is in the process of selling our family farm after the passing of my Grandfather and with that comes selling off some old equipment.
We have a Oliver Super 99 GM Diesel that hasn't run in probably 10 years. I am unsure of the year as I am unable to find any form of identifying information? I'm also wondering if it's even really worth much considering the condition it is in?

Thank you for reading
Yes, it's worth enough even considering the condition. Search for super 99 auction results and use that as a guide. I think the Oliver serial number tag should be on the left side behind the engine underneath the hydraulic lines where they exit the engine, or maybe the right side. From the serial number we can ascertain the year. It's definitely worth the hassle. Is that a Calgary skyline I see in the photo?

Upvote 0
I'd love to have it, but I see your in Alberta Canada, quite aways away from me. Somebody will give a couple grand for it the way it sits. Those are fairly rare tractor that a lot of people want with that Detroit in. Tractors in running condition similar to what you have pictured normally can't hardly be touched for under 10K. I'd say its worth probably around $2-3000 the way it sits, but to the right person, maybe more.
Boy do I wish you were closer to Ontario! That is my dream tractor! As far as year goes they wer produced from 54 till 57. Yours looks like a green wheel so probably 54-56 as I think they switched back to red wheels in 57? ( others on here will know this for sure) As far as value they are a very desirable tractor to most Oliver guys and it still looks well worth restoring. If it turns over and its all there I would think you should be able to get 3-4k for it as is.
Yes, it's worth enough even considering the condition. Search for super 99 auction results and use that as a guide. I think the Oliver serial number tag should be on the left side behind the engine underneath the hydraulic lines where they exit the engine, or maybe the right side. From the serial number we can ascertain the year. It's definitely worth the hassle. Is that a Calgary skyline I see in the photo?
Hello,

Thank you all for this valuable information, knowing what it's worth makes this all that much harder on top of the sentiment haha. I will forward this information to my Father so that we can make a decision :)

Upvote 0
Hello everyone,

Thank you for reading
Don’t sell this tractor for any less than $10k. I would be asking about $12,500 for this tractor as a starting point. The cab has kept water out of the transmission and final drives. The engine, even though it may be locked up is an easy fix, parts are very easy to find. I would bet with fresh fuel, it would fire off. I wish you were in my back yard!

Upvote 0

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back